Over the past 3 years, VALA has made important progress in meeting the goals set by the Board to have the organization viewed as a professional Vermont Organization in legislation, education, and communication. VALA has grown in membership and visibility. It is now time to consider forming an executive committee for developing short and long term plans in the areas of finance, marketing, membership, and education. The Executive Committee would determine the best strategy in these core areas to meet current and future objectives. The committee is essential to continuing the momentum that has been generated to date.
Suggested Committee membership:
President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Chairs of Education, Legislative, and Membership would compose the committee membership.
Meetings: Via e-mail, and after BiMonthly Board meetings
Suggested Initial Planning:
- Financial-Budget, reporting format, and funding strategy
- Education-Annual education plan with a class and subject schedule
- Legislative-Role and strategy for impacting legislation
- Membership-Marketing strategies for expanding membership in traditional and non-traditional areas, maintaining membership records, and using the internet.
- Build an experience succession plan for becoming president—The expansion work that has been done makes it more difficult to be elected president without some first-hand working knowledge of the various committees.
Please review the information in this memo and provide feedback to me by e-mail. I would like a Board vote at the May meeting.
John Fike, VALA President