VERMONT ASSESSORS & LISTERS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING
- 8:30 A.M. Registration
- 9:00 A.M. Introduction of Officers & Committee Leaders and President’s message and the Calcutta Game
- 9:15 A.M. Business Meeting-Elections of officers, approve treasurer’s report, approve 2014-2015-Budget, and approve by-laws changes, other packet materials
- 9:45 A.M. PVR Comments & Michelle Wilson’s awards presentation
- 10.00 A.M. Special Awards and Michael P. Cyprian Lister of the Year Award
- 10:30 Roles and responsibilities of County Delegates
- !0:35 A.M. Coffee break and election of County delegates and Alternates for Board of Directors
11:00 A.M. Annual Meeting Committee-Lister Information, events, and breakout sessions
- 11:00 A.M.-11:15A.M. Open Meeting Law-TOEC and VLCT
- 11:15 A.M.-12:00 Noon Trivia Time
- 12 Noon-12:50 P.M. Lunch
- 12:50 PM Announcement of the County Directors and Alternates for 2014-15
- New Legislation-Lister Impact
- 1:10 P.M. Break Out Session 1& 2
- 1:40 P.M. Breakout Session-3 & 4
- 2:00 P.M. Cookie Break
- 2:150 P.M. Lister’s Forum
- 3:00 P.M.+ – Collect Surveys Calcutta Winner, & Adjournment
Directions to White Church Bethel VALA Annual Meeting
Brattleboro/ Bellows Falls Area – Take I-91 North to White River Jct. and from White River Jct. take I-89 North to Exit 3. At the end of the Exit ramp turn right to Bethel Vt. Go through the village and you will be on VT Rte-12 North. After you cross the bridge at the North end of town, the white church will be immediately on your left. The parking lot is next to the church.
Burlington and Northern Towns- Travel on I-91 South to Exit 3 Bethel. Follow the above directions to and through Bethel to the White Church
Rutland Area – Take US Rte. 4 East to Killington Mt Resort entrance area. Turn left and Follow VT Rte.100 to VT Rte. 107 East to Bethel (Rte.107 is being resurfaced). After you cross the new bridge bear left on Rte. 12 North through the town. After you cross the bridge at North end of town the church will be immediately on your left with parking next to the white church.
Manchester Area – Travel on US Rte. 7 North to Rutland. At the north end of Rutland turn right at the US Rte. 4 intersection to Killington. Follow the Rutland direction to the Bethel White Church.
Registration and /or sign in for Pre-registered members begins promptly at 8:30 A.M.
To meet the VALA By-Law 14 day notification for By-Laws changes at the Annual Meeting we are making you aware of the following By-Law changes to be voted on September 19th.
The following are the VALA Board of Directors recommended changes to the
By-Laws and Constitution.
- ARTICLE III, Section 3. Officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be elected by the membership at the annual meeting and shall be a regular voting member of the (Association) to be changed to Board.
- ARTICLE III, Section 7. Quorum: For the purposes of transacting official business, a quorum shall consist of a majority of voting members of the Board, (excluding the President) to be changed to include the President.
- ARTICLE III, Section 8. Vacancy in Office: When a vacancy on the Board occurs for the office of the vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer during the fiscal year the Board shall appoint any regular member in good standing to fill the vacancy, who shall serve until the close of the next annual meeting, excepting when a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice President shall immediately succeed thereto.
- ARTICLE VI, Section 1. Annual Meeting: (The) to be deleted and changed to An Annual Meeting of the members shall be held during each fiscal year. The month of September deleted and changed to each fiscal year following a 14 day written notice to the members of the Association.
Slate of Officers
This is notice that the VALA Board of Directors recommend the following slate of officers for the 2014-2015 fiscal year:
- President John Fike – Reading Lister
- Vice President Todd LeBlanc – South Burlington Assessor
- Secretary Mimi Bernstein – Randolph Lister
- Treasurer Pauline Moore – Manchester Assessor
Nominees can be made from the floor for any of these positions. If nominees are presented the positions will be voted on individually.